At Legacy Wills & Estates, we understand that handling a deceased estate is one of the more difficult challenges in life. The mountains of paperwork, legal complexities and potential family disputes that make up Probate and Deceased Estate are the last things you want to tackle with when you’re grieving the loss of someone important in your life.
We can help you by:
- Interpreting the Will of the deceased;
- Advising executors and trustees on their duties and rights;
- Informing government bodies including Centrelink and the Department of Veterans Affairs;
- Applying for Probate of the Will in the Supreme Court;
- Determining the beneficiaries on intestacy (when there is no Will);
- Applying for Letters of Administration (if there is no Will or the appointed Executor has previously passed away);
- Identifying estate assets and liabilities;
- Obtaining appraisals and/or valuations of estate property;
- Collecting estate financial assets including superannuation, bank funds, shares, outstanding loans, and insurance payouts;
- Selling or transferring estate property including Estate Auctions;
- Arranging the payment of estate debts including mortgages, funeral costs, and testamentary expenses;
- Advising on family and testamentary trusts established in the Deceased’s Will;
- Administering trust funds;
- Distributing bequests and inheritances to beneficiaries;
- Organizing information for estate tax returns and liasing with the Estate Accountant in the preparation of returns;
- Conducting family mediation and negotiation; and
- Defending estate litigation in the Supreme Court.
Contact us to find out more or to arrange an appointment with Anthony Fondacaro, our Probate and Deceased Estate lawyer.